Tuesday, August 11, 2015

100th post


This post marks my 100th post. Although I put no real stock in knowing that I also never thought I’d reach that many posts. When I first started this blog I did it with an idea in my head. As I pondered the many things that came to me, the many things that I related to based off my belief in Christ, I thought it might be nice to have a place to pull all those thoughts together. I also wanted a place where my husband could read all those thoughts, a place where he could be made a part of what he called ‘knowing what was in my heart’ because a lot of the things I put down in my writings never make it to my lips. And so I began a new part of the journey that I was on.

This blog hasn’t taken me to Christ but it has helped me to grow in Him.

As I’ve written many of the posts for this blog I have learned. There have been many of them that I’ve had to do a little research to complete. There have also been others that I began to write because of my own reaction to something I heard or read and in writing the post my thoughts were clarified, my understanding grew, and my own position on a certain subject was affected.

I have yet to gain a following of readers. That’s okay, I didn’t start this for that purpose. I’m glad to know that there are a few that read it but only because I pray it will help them on their own journey. I don’t write these posts for any sort of glory. I’m not looking to log numbers of readers. I just want to write for the same reasons I wanted to six months ago when I first started this blog.

It still kind of amuses me that I had this blog for about a month before I ever posted anything on it. Now…I turn my thoughts, and my fingers, to writing for this blog often.

Thank you for reading what I have written. I hope that you have found encouragement and edification in each one but more importantly I pray that you have found Christ in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment