Saturday, July 4, 2015

I'm free


I’d like to take a break from the posts I’ve been writing lately long enough to write on a topic that is on nearly every Americans mind today…the fourth of July…Independence day. This is the day that America celebrates its freedom.
Whether or not you celebrate this holiday has no bearing on what the day is. It has historically been known as the birthday of our country. It is a holiday that is celebrated with barbeques and fireworks. It’s a holiday when people at least pretend to believe in the beliefs that were held by the forefathers of our country, the beliefs that liberated us from the ownership of one country into a country in our own right.
I once heard someone say they wished we had lost the Revolutionary war, wished that our country was still under the control of England. That was stated by an American. That person was the only person I’ve ever heard make such a remark.
Whatever belief’s a person holds for or against our country…this day has been seen as the day America celebrates freedom.
As a Christian I’d like to look at freedom just a little differently. I’m free but not because of who governs the country I live in. I’m free but not because of any set of rules or laws.
I’m free because Christ saved me.
I’m free because my Lord has a plan for me and all of mankind.
I’m free because my Lord pulled me from the depths of sin, gave me a new heart, turned my affections from the things of this world to Him.
I’m free because Christ paid the price for my sin and ransomed me.
I’m free because my hope lies in Christ and Christ alone.
I’m free because…
I am His

No comments:

Post a Comment