Friday, September 25, 2015

What I believe on who is going to heaven


A couple of my posts lately have spoken against Arminianism. I have nothing against Arminians. Having been raised with those beliefs I firmly believe that there are a lot of them that quite simply do not know that what they believe in isn’t in the Bible. Their faith rests in the beliefs that they have been taught and they’ve been shown Scripture in such a way that when they read the Bible the Scripture they read holds the same views as what they’ve been taught.

I truly believe it is a deep delusion that keeps them from seeing the truth. I also believe after having known many an Arminian that there are many different types of Arminian belief. Some believe in such a shallow way as to hold almost no belief at all while others hold so fast to the ‘God’ that they believe in that their faith seems very genuine. It isn’t my place to decide whether it is or not.

I’ve had loved one’s tell me that I believe that I’m the only one going to heaven or that I believe my husband and I are the only ones going to heaven. That couldn’t be further from the truth.

Who does and does not get to go to heaven is a decision for the Lord to make and it’s a decision I wouldn’t want to make.

I will admit that there are people that I truly believe at this very moment won’t go to heaven but even believing that in this moment doesn’t mean the Lord won’t save them in the next moment. And so I try very hard not to even make a guess as to who will and will not be saved.

I pray hard for the salvation of others. I hurt for the souls of those that are lost. I ache for the souls of those that will never be found.

But I do not now, nor do I ever, presume to make an assumption as to who will and will not go to heaven.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment