Sunday, August 11, 2019

Here to show His glory

There is something beyond miraculous in holding a brand new baby. When that new little life rests in my hands I hold not just a baby but a brand new soul. The Lord gives us such a blessing in those tiny new lives. I am pretty certain that I could happily spend the rest of my life holding a brand new baby. I've heard many people talk of their idea of paradise on earth...I think that just might be my idea of earthly paradise. A newborn baby.

In a newborn baby I see total innocence. Oh, I know what Scripture  says, these tiny new people are conceived in sin, born in sin. I know they still have human hearts that come preprogrammed for the life the Lord has assigned them. I know that. But...my human heart sees total innocence. I see the best of human life in them. I see...

Amazing miracles.

Holding a newborn baby is, for me, to hold all that is right in this world. It doesn't matter if the newborn baby is mine or someone elses, I get unspeakable joy from holding it. Although as someone once told me, there is nothing like holding your own baby.

I have told several people that "this is what I was born for" in reference to my children. They and my husband are my life. They are my reason for being here. They are my joy...my world...my life.

They are...my purpose.

Just today a relative was talking to me about my children and I said, "they are my purpose on earth. They are what I was born to do." After I said that, I got to thinking...

My family is my purpose, what I was born to do. I had to live so that my children can live. The Lord used me to give them life. There is no greater joy than loving and caring for my family. I say that but even as I write it I realize that there is the joy of Christ and yet...I cannot find a different way to write that. My family is my human hearts joy. They are my purpose. My fulfillment. My happiness. My...joy on earth. They are in one catagory, Christ another. I cannot find a different way to describe my joy in my family except to say there is no greater joy than caring for and loving them. They are all that I am, all that I want to be, all that I ever wanted in life.

They are what I was born to do.

Literally. I dreamed of having babies and a husband when I was little more than a baby myself. I longed for them when I was much to young to have them. I hoped for them. Prayed for them. Begged the Lord for them.

They are the reason I am here. In my mind anyway. And yet...

As I told someone that I couldn't help thinking that the Lord's only reason for putting me here could have been to make me one of His own. He may simply have put me here to show His glory rather by using me for good or for bad (Romans 9). That thought got me to thinking further. I was born so that I could have the family I have now, that's what I truly believe in my heart and in my mind, but then my thoughts turned to the people that the Lord used me to bring into this world. I do not know how the Lord will use them on this earth or where He will place them in eternity. But He will use them and He will give them an eternal home. They were born for a purpose too. I was merely the vessel the Lord used to get them here. I get the earthly blessing of loving them but He gets the eternal glory for having created them because in the end, and in the beginning to,  we are all here to show His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment