Sunday, December 9, 2018

Innocence lost...hello agenda

It has not been my habit of speaking against homosexuality in the past. At least I haven't spoken of it much on this blog.

Homosexuality is a deep spring of sin that is constantly fed by the unregenerate human heart. It is such a sin that the Lord calls it an abomination and Scripture defines it as a 'giving over' by God.

We see in Scripture that homosexuality dates back to who knows how far. In the old testament we read of men wanting to do unnatural things with male angels. In the New Testament Paul speaks of it happening in Corinth.

I have my own feelings on the matter, personal and Scripturally based.

Today, though, I find myself disgusted, not so much at the sin of homosexuality, but at the way it is pushed at the entire world. I realize it's an agenda and I also realize that there are many that truly believe they are just trying to accept people as they are.

Twice today, while being online, I was confronted with the twisted mindset, the sinfilled support and encouragement of the promotion of this sin. The first time was when I saw a baby diaper...a BABY diaper...covered in rainbows and unicorns. I realize that rainbows and unicorns have always been something of an innocent part of childhood fairy tales but that isn't the case anymore and the company that made this diaper sells numerous items, newly marketed, with rainbows on them. I find it hard to believe it is all done in the name of childhood innocence considering this same company isn't promoting teddy bears and fluffy bunnies which are also both symbols of childhood innocence.

The second encounter I had was much more blatant in their promotion of sin. It was on the main news site for my email account and next to a row of rainbow symbols was the words 'Be proud of who you are'. There is simply no mistaking that message, no reasoning it away, no giving them the benefit of the doubt.

While my mind considered the idea that I need to find a new email provider, my stomach all but churned with sickness.

This is what we have come to.

This is what we are 'proud' of.

This...

Is unspeakable atrocity. It's beyond logic. Beyond description.

The other day I saw an advertisement for little girls dresses. They were girly and filled with frills. The description said something like twirly dresses for children. 'Children' not girls. Who markets dresses to 'children' rather than to little girls?

Not only do we have the promotion of gender confusion to the most vulnerable of populations but we also have the stealing of what should belong to girls.

I have often thought how sad it is that time as removed the ability, even encouragement, for women to be feminine. I look at dresses of old, of the ruffles and bows, the lace and frills, and see how much women have lost in the clothing now marketed to us.

Bows and ruffles are for the littlest of girls. Lace is still used for women but often in a provocative way. And frills...well, they're almost gone too.

I realize that styles change with the times, boys once wore dresses and lace has graced boys clothing almost as much as it has girls. Pink was once the color for boys while blue was for girls. Times change, styles change. What was acceptable goes out of acceptance and new things come into acceptance. Such is the condition of the human heart.

I once read that the Mennonites have set patterns for their clothing and only certain prints are allowed. The reason for that is because if they give so much as an inch on one thing than their members will take a mile. If Betty is allowed to raise her skirt so she doesn't trip over it, than Rachael will need hers knee length and before long Eva and Sarah will need theirs at their thighs. They same goes for necklines, sleeve length and everything else.

It makes sense in that regard. Hard and fast rules keep their clothing in line. It stops the changes and fads that come and go in most clothing options.

It's not Scriptural and it's not going to gain them salvation but from a strictly clothing perspective, it makes sense.

I had a conversation with an older lady just a few days ago. It had to do with aprons and pinafores. Oh, the things we lost when aprons and pinafores fell by the wayside.

I can't remember my mother or grandmother wearing aprons. I recall food splattered clothing and chemicals to remove the stains. How I wish I could remember the days when aprons shooed chickens, carried laundry and berries, wiped children's noses and acted as a security blanket for them.

If I could figure out how to logically work aprons into my wardrobe I would do so in a heartbeat. I love the old timey look of them, the simplicity, the...dare I say ladyness of them. Aprons are a symbol of days gone by. They served such wonderous purposes.

Now we don't need them anymore.

It would appear we also no longer need to be women. Men no longer need to be men. And the children...

Oh, the poor children. They don't get to be boys or girls anymore. Now they get to choose to be whatever they want to be.

Since starting this post a few days ago I have had still more encounters with the attack of homosexuality and gender nothingness. I was looking at deodorant and was blasted with a statement to the effect of 'whatever gender you identify as our products are for you', complete with a picture of a very feminine looking man. Needless to say I decided I could not support that company.

I have also seen the headline for an article about whether or not you should raise your child gender neutral. I suppose people really read that stuff but...do people really read that stuff?

I can't really say I have a point to writing this post except the sharing of my experiences and my thoughts on it. Our society has degraded to the point that there is nothing regarded as boy or girl anymore, no man or woman. It's just...people.

A woman I sort of know recently encountered a man in the women's locker room at a workout facility. She questioned the man about his purpose in being in their and he did not answer her. She reported it to the staff only to be told that this very obvious man identifies as a woman. There was more involved with this encounter, including this woman and her husband waiting for the man to leave so the woman could use the women's facilities. The long story short is this woman's membership in the workout facility was cancelled, she was accused of being a homophobe and kicked out of the business. She is now suing this company.

I had a conversation with my husband just the other day about taking little boys in the women's bathrooms. I told him that boys aren't safe in men's rooms unless they have a dad or teenage brother to accompany them and I will be taking any boys with me into women's rooms until said boys are well into their teens and big enough to fight off anyone with ill intentions.

My husband pointed out that boys should be in the boys room but there is just no denying the lack of safety these days. It's not right to teach young boys to use the women's bathrooms but it's unsafe to send them into men's rooms. What's left. It's now illegal to allow them to use the bathroom in parking lots and behind trees.

The onslaught is everywhere and there is no escape. Boys can't be taught the full scale of being a boy because their safety is at stake. Girls are no longer the target consumer for dresses. Pink graces the boys clothing section with near as much variety as it does the girls.

No one bats an eye at girls in masculine clothing...I think often of how some of my very own clothes could be worn by my husband with them being no more out of place on him than they are on me.

And now there is the subtle and the not so subtle attack by businesses and their products that turn what should be innocent symbols into advertisements for sin. Gone are the days when rainbows were simple joyfilled signs representing God's promise to the world. Now rainbows can't be enjoyed without more sinister thoughts being connected to them.

I have a very religious friend who would never in a million years promote homosexuality. Her young daughters favorite color is rainbow. As in literally a rainbow of colors. The innocence of the child is probably laughed at by those that are happily moving an agenda further and further into the point of cramming it down everyone's throats.

I remember when my grandmother and other older people used to say they were glad they weren't raising kids in 'these' days, whatever days those happened to be. I now look around and wonder how anyone can safely raise kids in 'these' days and not have their minds corrupted by all the subtle signs being shoved at us from every side.

No comments:

Post a Comment