Saturday, August 11, 2018

Response to Lyn's comment on 'Just a Single Word'

I wrote out a reply to the comment left by Lyn on my 'Just a Single Word' repost but blogger is having issues right now. It never shows me that I am signed in even though I have full access to all the workings of my blog and it will not post any comments I make.

I'm sorry for the confusion on this but I am going to use my ability to post articles to my blog to answer Lyn. Please bear with me in this. If anyone is looking at this, it is a reply to a comment on my other post.

Thank you, Lyn. 'Church' as I am coming to see is just another thing the Lord has placed in this world for His purposes and I have no doubt He is using it for His purposes.

I will never again become a member in another 'church' either although I cannot say that I will never join them in their meeting places, or 'churches'. I do not share their understandings of Scripture and even if I were to find one that believes everything I do in the same way that I do, something that will never happen for the simple fact that if they are a 'church' in that manner than they do not share that belief, I still would not join it.

The further I have gone into my studies on the teachings of men, the more I am looking at the whole 'church' system. I started this whole study because of something a 'reformed' person said and now here I am, weeks later, still studying, still learning. But one of the things I am learning so deeply is to have a true appreciation for all that profess Christ. I am not the Lord and it is not my place to determine who the elect are. I can look at their fruits and see if they have the fruit of the Spirit but I still cannot see into the condition of their soul. In 2 Corinthians 5:11 Paul says "Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience." I know what Paul was speaking of there but he is telling others that he 'hopes' it is known to them. He was not omniscient and if the Apostles had to hope that things were known to others, how much more so do we have to do the same thing?

I do not know the soul's condition of anyone I meet so I am  not going to place myself as judge and jury on anyone's soul. I will look for their fruit and make human decisions of whether or not to yoke myself with them in any way, meaning I might visit their 'churches' for some reason or other, but I will not follow their system or financially support it. And I pray the Lord has many elect hidden within those systems.

May the Lord be with you, dear sister, and may He be with all of us as we struggle to see His reasons and usage for these 'church' systems that He has in place in this fallen world.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete