Monday, June 20, 2016

Dancing with my Savior


Wind flows through my hair and cools the air around me. Lights and all that surround me swirl in a blur of color. Clouds streak the sky above me in a kaleidoscope of blue and white as the sky swirls above me. Round and round I spin, my arms stretched wide, my head thrown back.

The dance has begun.

I know not where I’m going or where I’ve been. There is nothing but this swirl of color and the wind in my hair. The joy of twirling through life fills me as the world disappears around me. There is nothing but this moment in time, only the feel of the wind in my hair and the breeze against my outstretched arms. The sound of the world becomes a melody that mingles with the wind and whispers into my ear.

The dance is all there is.

I take a step back, my feet guided by unseen hands. I take a step forward, this step, too, is guided by hands I cannot see. I don’t feel their fingers against my skin but I know that they are there.

I never learned the steps to the dance. There were no lessons given for this dance, no classes to take. There were none needed. I don’t need to know the steps because my feet go through the steps as if they know what to do, not because they know, but because they are guided by unseen hands.

As I dance, I twirl, round and round, with those same unseen hands holding up my arms, holding up my very body. My bones serve no purpose in this dance. They need do nothing because my very body is guided through a dance I do not know by the hands that hold me up.

My feet hit a rough patch of ground but I don’t feel it, I stumble but I barely notice it. Because those unseen hands hold me up, they support me, they lift me until I dance on air, my feet barely brushing the ground.

I don’t worry about the rocks in the path or the dips in the road. I don’t need to worry because the one I dance with has the path well marked and He knows my way. And He keeps me safe as I dance the path of life.

Oh, the indescribable joy of dancing within my Saviors arms.

He supports me as I twirl through this world He has placed me in. He guides me over the rocky patches in the dance floor as I spin through the turbulent areas. He is the Pillar upon which I rest and give all my cares to. I need never worry about the dance because my Savior leads the way.

In perfect harmony we spin and dance our way through this earthly life that He has put me in. I know not the steps of the dance, nor do I know the direction of the path, but the dance floor is here, and I do not worry about the boundary of the floor because my Savior supports me and holds me up as I spin and twirl my way through the dance.

The joy bubbles up from the very depths of my soul as I spin and twirl my way…

Dancing with my Savior.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment